Skip to main content

#107 The Case of Detective Charlie Kerrian's Favourite Sweet Potato Pie

You'll love my friend Kerrian. I give you these words from his very first post on kerriansnotebook.com.

What makes me happy is solving cases and the honest serenity of life on the golf course. When not doing that, you can find me in the kitchen with my wife working on new recipes, or listening to music, or writing, not necessarily in that order. If friends and family behave, they can join us anytime for a great home-cooked meal and some iced coffee or sweet tea. And, always a great dessert.

Detective Charlie Kerrian's Favourite Sweet Potato Pie
(The way I made it for Karl.)

2 cups mashed sweet potatoes (no butter or anything added)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs
10 oz evaporated milk
1 unbaked deep dish pie shell

Preheat oven to 425ºF.

In a large bowl, beat the mashed potatoes and both sugars. Beat in the salt, cinnamon, vanilla and eggs.

Add the evaporated milk and mix until just blended.

Pour into the pie shell and bake for 15 min.

Lower the temperature to 350ºF and bake an additional hour or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.

Cool on a pie rack for 1 hour.

Becki

Comments

  1. Isn't internet a wonderful thing:) And a delicious-looking pie as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I've made a number of lovely, lovely friends over the Internet, including you.

      Delete
  2. Kerrian and friends are delighted to see the sweet potato pie recipe here! :-) Hmmm... I feel a pie craving coming on...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm craving sweets too, Detective Kerrian. They seem to help me cope with the overwhelmingly sad and scary things I'm seeing and hearing on the news.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

#39 The Case of Yogurt and Honey Ranch Salad Dressing and Dip

H ow to make a traditional tossed salad your own? Use the freshest greens, the crispest cucumbers, the most succulent tomatoes, and MAKE YOUR OWN DRESSING! Yogurt and Honey Ranch Salad Dressing and Dip 1/2 cup 2% yogurt (or vegan yogurt) 70g (about 1/2 cup) feta, chopped (or vegan feta) 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (or vegan mayo) 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder salt pepper honey (or agave syrup) Blend together all the ingredients, including salt, pepper and honey to taste. Thin with water if needed for that perfect pour. Serves 3-4. ♥ Becki

#110 The Case of Poutine

"Poutine is a typical Canadian dish (originally from Quebec ), made with French fries , topped with brown gravy and curd cheese ."—Wikipedia N utritionists worldwide may be screaming in horror that poutine has captured the world by storm but, proud Canadian that I am, I'm shouting, "Yippee!" To be sure, vegetarians are reputed to eat more along the lines of tofu, broccoli and brown rice but an occasional poutine won't kill us. In fact, fast-food poutine makes quite a comforting indulgence! Did you know that poutine gravy, which is generally made from a mix, is vegetarian? Valerie of McCormick Canada Inc. confirmed to me by phone that Club House Brown Gravy Mix contains no meat products. Silly to write out a recipe. All you do is sprinkle French fries with cheese curds then pour brown gravy over top. Seriously...yum! ♥ Becki PS To leave me (and Cynthia) a message, click on the comment button below.