Skip to main content

#105 The Case of Liebster Award

Yummy Cooking Made Easy! has presented my blog with a Liebster Award! Thanks RevA N!
 
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
 
  1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
  2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, and then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
  3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link to them in your post.
  4. Tell them about the award.
  5. No tag-backs.
 
11 Random Facts About Me, Rebekkah Green
 
  1. My mother died when I was six.
  2. When I was in my thirties, I had to make new friends because my best friend since public school turned out to be a murderer.
  3. Some people think I'm just imagining a physical resemblance to Catherine Zeta-Jones.
  4. I talk to my dead mother and she talks back.
  5. I love a man in uniform.
  6. I still get involved in murders and what have you—on the investigating end not the perpetrating end.
  7. My husband is Chief of Police of Black Currant Bay (see random fact #5).
  8. I'm a real hippie on the inside.
  9. I don't think mystery and meat go well together.
  10. Because I'm an interior designer, you'll never find cans of leftover beige wall paint in my apartment.
  11. Authors Melodie Campbell and Cynthia St-Pierre wrote about me in their novels A PURSE TO DIE FOR and A KILLER NECKLACE. 
 
Your 11 Questions Answered 
 
  1. What is your favourite food? My favourite food is down the street at a little café with white tablecloths, candles, experienced wait staff...oh...and a skilled vegetarian chef. (Wake me up for the next question as I see I am totally dreaming because there's no such spot in Black Currant Bay.)
  2. From where did the idea of blogging come? I write a column called How to Spot an Aspiring Vegetarian for The Black Currant Bay Beacon Star. Can you imagine that the population of this very small northern Ontario town is not as anxious to embrace vegetarianism as I'd hoped? I decided to expand my readership by blogging on the Internet.
  3. Are you cat or dog? Oh, cat! No offense to dog lovers. I don't dislike dogs, but cats are my fave! Even when I look at one of the big cats my heart says, "Cute kitty!" Good thing my brain says otherwise.
  4. Who's your favourite author? Right now, it's Lee Child because of a recommendation by a blogger you'll soon meet. Thanks to her I'm practically addicted.
  5. What's your dream car? Something vintage.
  6. Do you think you will still be blogging in 10 year's time? Yes, I think so. I like blogging. Do you?
  7. What do your friends think about your blog? France and Kathleen give it an enthusiastic seven thumbs up.
  8. If you won the lotto, what would you do with the money? Authentic restoration of beautiful old buildings. You probably think I'm nuts already anyway so what do I have to lose?
  9. What do you usually do in your free time? What free time? Does anyone have free time these days?
  10. What is your favourite cuisine? Italian. Carbs, here I come! Umm...feel like joining me for a walk after supper? We'll just have to make time!
  11. Which country would you like to visit next? Italy. Brochures are out on the coffee table.
 
My 11 Questions Asked
 
  1. Who would you like to chat with at a party?
  2. What would you request for a last meal?
  3. Will you share one of your favourite writing tips?
  4. Will you describe one significant childhood memory?
  5. What quality do you admire most in a person?
  6. Why is writing/blogging important to you?
  7. Do you prefer sweet or salty treats?
  8. Where would you like to live besides where you live right now?
  9. What do you see 5 years in your future?
  10. Which is your favourite social network?
  11. How do you feel about tofu?
 
And Now...the Liebster Award Goes to These 11 Blogs (They may well have more than 200 followers but one can't be sure since they're not all listed...)
 
  1. Funny Girl Melodie
  2. Kerrian's Notebook
  3. My Finnish Delights
  4. Paris Breakfast
  5. Sophia Martin's Writing Blog
  6. The suspense is killing me...
  7. Vintage Kitchen Cozy Mysteries
  8. A Kitchen Full of Women
  9. Fun & Taste
  10. Cakewalker
  11. Comfy Cuisine
 
Dear bloggers, looking forward to your answers! Have a Happy Easter!
 
Becki

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome Foodies!

Wonderful to meet  YOU ! At Vegetarian Detective, I share with you some of my favourite veggie, vegan and raw recipes. I know you’ve noticed that eating meat-free is a popular trend everywhere. Even going veggie just once a week. There are many reasons why. This is how. You're also invited to get to know me (Cynthia's favourite character) better by reading the mystery novels I'm in: A Purse to Die For and A Killer Necklace . Yours, Becki Green (Vegetarian Detective)

#39 The Case of Yogurt and Honey Ranch Salad Dressing and Dip

H ow to make a traditional tossed salad your own? Use the freshest greens, the crispest cucumbers, the most succulent tomatoes, and MAKE YOUR OWN DRESSING! Yogurt and Honey Ranch Salad Dressing and Dip 1/2 cup 2% yogurt (or vegan yogurt) 70g (about 1/2 cup) feta, chopped (or vegan feta) 1/3 cup light mayonnaise (or vegan mayo) 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder salt pepper honey (or agave syrup) Blend together all the ingredients, including salt, pepper and honey to taste. Thin with water if needed for that perfect pour. Serves 3-4. ♥ Becki

#110 The Case of Poutine

"Poutine is a typical Canadian dish (originally from Quebec ), made with French fries , topped with brown gravy and curd cheese ."—Wikipedia N utritionists worldwide may be screaming in horror that poutine has captured the world by storm but, proud Canadian that I am, I'm shouting, "Yippee!" To be sure, vegetarians are reputed to eat more along the lines of tofu, broccoli and brown rice but an occasional poutine won't kill us. In fact, fast-food poutine makes quite a comforting indulgence! Did you know that poutine gravy, which is generally made from a mix, is vegetarian? Valerie of McCormick Canada Inc. confirmed to me by phone that Club House Brown Gravy Mix contains no meat products. Silly to write out a recipe. All you do is sprinkle French fries with cheese curds then pour brown gravy over top. Seriously...yum! ♥ Becki PS To leave me (and Cynthia) a message, click on the comment button below.